Kindergarten Registration will officially begin on March 1 and will run through April 16, 2021, however, the link is now ready and you are welcome to go ahead and take advantage!
Here are a few more details for you:
* Your child must be 5 years of age by August 1, 2021.
* There are two steps to get your child registered for Kindergarten. The first step is online enrollment and the second is bringing in the required paperwork. Your child will not be enrolled until both steps have been completed.
• Step 1
- The first part of the enrollment process will be done online and can be done at home. Please visit our website for the link: Kindergarten Registration
. If you are unable to complete the online portion of the enrollment process and need assistance, please call our office at 740.490.0679.
• Step 2
– You will need to set up an appointment to bring in the required paperwork and for a brief orientation. In order to comply with safety protocols due to COVID and social distancing, this step will be done by appointment only. Please visit our website to schedule an appointment: Kindergarten Registration
* The required documents are as follows:
Certified birth certificate (hospital birth cards are not accepted)
Physical examination (see below)
Proof of custody (if applicable)
Two forms of proof of residency (utility bill, rental agreement, tax statement, etc)
Parent/Guardian driver’s license
* The following are required by the State Department of Health and Madison-Plains Policy:
MMR – Must be given to the child on or after first birthday - 2 doses
Dtap – 5 doses (Basic series and a booster after age 4)
Polio Vaccine – 4 doses (Basic series and a booster after age 4)
Hepatitis B - 3 doses
Varicella (Chicken Pox) – 2 doses after first birthday
* A physical examination will be required prior to school starting in August. Physical examinations done within 1 year prior to school starting will be accepted. If your child has had a physical examination done in August, 2020 to present, please bring it with you to registration. Please note, if a student’s immunizations are not up to date and a current physical has not been turned in, your child will not be permitted to attend school after Sept. 2, 2021. If you are unable to pay for your vaccinations, please call the Madison County Health Department for assistance.
* If you have any questions please feel free to call us at (740) 490-0679. We look forward to meeting you!