MADISON-PLAINS HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
*SEE ATHLETIC AND BAND WEBPAGES FOR THEIR EVENTS
23rd- FFA Cider Delivered
24th – End First Nine Weeks
27th – NO SCHOOL – Teacher In-Service
Jostens to Tolles for Senior meeting & distribute graduation packet
28th – Begin 2nd Nine Weeks
Flu Shots- Nurse Neff- 7:00 to 3:30 in high school clinic
29th – Grade cards available online
31st- Powder Puff Meeting- 3:10 p.m.- auditorium
6th – Jostens to Tolles to collect graduation orders – lunchtime
8th – Powder Puff Game (tentative date)- 7:00 p.m.
10th – Parent-Teacher Conferences
12th – Parent-Teacher Conferences
Picture Re-take Day
National Honor Society Induction Ceremony- 7:00p.m.-auditorium
25th – Student Council Blood Drive
26th – NO SCHOOL
27th – NO SCHOOL
28th – NO SCHOOL
1. SCHOOL FEES- High School fees for the 2014-2015 school are $55.00. Payments can be made on
EZ-Pay or at the High School office.
2. DRIVING PERMIT- Any student driving to school must obtain a driving permit. This is considered a
co-curricular activity and you must follow those guidelines. You must be drug tested. Pick up an
application on the wall outside the office window. Return it with a $5.00 registration fee to the office
and receive your tag. You must purchase your permit by Oct. 8.
3. COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY- at the Mt. Sterling Community Center on Mondays,
October 20 through May 18. Tutors will listen to children read and provide assistance,
read aloud to small groups, help children learn math concepts, help with homework, play games
with children, and help clean-up from programs. See Mrs. Shoaf for details.
4. CIVICS-ENGLISH II STUDENTS FUNDRAISER- will begin on Oct. 6. Students will be selling
Entertainment Books to help fund their New York trip. The cost of each book is $30. See any Civics-
English II student to purchase one.
5. POWDER PUFF- There is to be NO practice until you receive the rules on Oct. 31. There will be another meeting on Oct. 31 for all players and coaches. The Powder Puff game will be held on Nov. 8 (tentative).
It will begin at 7:00 p.m.