MADISON-PLAINS HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
*SEE ATHLETIC AND BAND WEBPAGES FOR THEIR EVENTS
3rd – Jostens meet with Sophomores – 1st period
Jostens meet with Seniors – 2nd period
7th – NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
8th – Civics English Entertainment Book Sale begins
10th – Jostens to collect orders for rings and graduation items – lunchtime
12th – ACT Testing
Homecoming Dance – 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm – High School Gym
15th – Alliance Club Meeting – 3:20 pm to 4:00 pm- Room 125
16th – Art Club Meeting – 3:20 pm to 4:00 pm- Room 125
FFA Greenhand Pork Roast – 7:00 pm - Commons
22nd – School Pictures – 8:00 a.m.
13th – MP Scholarship Foundation Benefit Dinner- 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm-Mt. Sterling UMC
16th – End of First Nine Week grading period
19th – NO SCHOOL – teacher in-service
20th – Begin Second Nine Week grading period
22nd – ACT Boot Camp – 8:30 am to 2:30 pm – London High School
26th – Grade cards available online
27th – Picture re-take day
1. FIRST DAY FORMS- All emergency medical, health sheets, and student handbook forms are
due back to the school. Please turn them in ASAP.
2. JOSTENS - will meet with the sophomore class on Sept. 3 during first period regarding ordering
class rings. They will meet with the senior class during second period regarding graduation items.
3. ENTERTAINMENT BOOKS- The Civics English class will be selling Entertainment Books
beginning Sept. 8 through Oct. 9.
4. HOMECOMING DANCE- will be held on Saturday, Sept. 12, from 7-11 pm in the high school gym.
Tickets are $15 each. All students attending must be drug tested. Tickets will be sold at lunchtime
beginning August 31.
5. SCHOOL PICTURES- will be taken on September 22 beginning at 8:00 a.m.
6. 12TH MAN T-SHIRTS- will be sold beginning August 24 to September 2 at school during the lunch
periods. Support your Madison-Plains football teams by wearing your 12th Man Shirt to all the
games. Cost is $15 per shirt (without name) If you would like to add your name to the back of the
shirt please add $2.00 (total of $17.00) to the total. Make checks payable to Madison-Plains High School.
7. ALLIANCE CLUB- will have their first meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 15, from 3:20 pm until 4:00 pm
in room 125.
8. ART CLUB – will have their first meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 16, from 3:20 pm until 4:00 pm
in room 125.
9. PARKING PERMITS- If you are driving to school you need a parking permit. Applications are
on the wall across from the office. You must be drug tested to obtain a permit. Please fill them out
and turn into the office as soon as possible.
10. MP SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION BENEFIT DINNER-will be held on Oct. 13, from 4:00 pm to
7:00 pm at the Mt. Sterling United Methodist Church. Tickets are $9.00 for adults and $5.00 for
children. Tickets are available at the door. Also available are carryout, local delivery, and phone
orders. Proceeds will be used to provide scholarships for MP students.